Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Testing how well I follow directions


So far things seem to be running smoothly, my first night with Learning 2.0 and I'm on task #3. I think that is all I can manage this evening. but we'll try and put some finishing touches up before we call it quits.

7 1/2 habits of Lifelong Learners:

1. Begin with the end in mind.
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning
3. View problems as challenges
4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent and effective learner
5. Create your own learning toolbox
6. Use technology to your advantage
7. Teach and mentor others
1/2 Play!

well, let's see. habit number one is usually a problem as I want to do and learn entirely too many things to actually think them through. so the trick for me will be to focus and create a plan for a few things, and just make a list of the rest of those pesky curiosities...

habit number two is really kind of a no brainer I think for anyone who is out of school - but I could be totally biased on this one!

habit number three is not difficult when discussing learning and new ideas, but in real life...well they wouldn't have a word for "problem" if they didn't happen, and our vocabulary would be a lot less colorful if everyone felt challenged instead of dumped upon occasionally.

habit number four...I still think I could become spontaneously wealthy if I could just get that book written about how to be your own best friend (including chapters on how to love yourself and a bonus appendix of how to say no and not fret about it) but that is a whole other post. confidence in continuing to learn is a somewhat lesser evil though.

habit number five is to create something organized out of my haphazard - yet huge - collection of interesting bits. this will be a tough habit to acquire...

habit number seven should not be a problem for me, I like to share

that extra 1/2 habit - yikes! I suck at this...but I'm working on it honest...playing is great fun, somehow unless you count a reading addiction - running mostly to fantasy and folklore than this horse doesn't go...I'm not sure, but does checking out Ideas A History from Fire to Freud on my staff library card count?

1 comment:

SWS said...

Nice, you follow directions better than I do, obviously. I'm all over the place...but will enjoy reading yours! Hmmm, something about social networking with friends who work right down the hall troubles me. Don't want this to ever become our only contact...do you think that happens much?